A free Genes in Space resource
CONDUCT A HANDS-ON GENES IN SPACE LESSON!
A 2 week FREE* loan of a miniPCR® equipment kit to teach DNA science in your classroom. For programs serving USA middle and high school students ONLY.
We are not currently accepting loan requests. Join our waitlist to be notified when the application for the 2022-23 school year becomes available.
The kit includes:
- 4 DNA Discovery SystemsTM (miniPCR® machine, blueGelTM electrophoresis system, and micropipette (2-20 μL)
- 2 micropipettes for instructor use (20-200 μL and 1-10 μL)
- miniPCR® Genes in Space food safety Learning Lab reagents and consumables for 16 lab groups (approximately 64 students)
- Curriculum, training, and instruction
- Live support for you and your students from the miniPCR® team via Genes In Space chat (optional)
Optional add-on kit: BioBits® Central Dogma Learning Lab
- Contains reagents and consumables for 16 lab groups (approximately 64 students), plus adapters to use blueGel as a P51TM viewer
- Lab uses BioBits® cell-free protein synthesis and P51TM fluorescence detection technology to make transcription and translation visible
- Cost: $190
*We ask that recipients pay a $100 shipping fee. For needs-based exceptions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org