RESOURCES TO GET STARTED
Genes in Space is a science contest that challenges students in grades 7 – 12 to design a DNA experiment for space. The winning experiment is conducted on the International Space Station. Learn more.
Below are some resources to help you get started on your Genes in Space research proposal.
PREPARING YOUR SUBMISSION
- Tips for students
- Tips on citing sources
- Genes in Space detailed scoring criteria
- 2023 sample application form
- Example applications
- Impact of Space on Plants’ Production of Bitter Tastants (award-winning middle school proposal)
- Effect of Microgravity on Platelet Count and Blood Clotting(award-winning middle school proposal)
- DNA Repair Mechanisms in Space (award-winning high school proposal)
- A Biosensor for Water Contamination aboard Spacecraft (award-winning high school proposal)