Teachers: Join us for a full-day workshop in Dallas
Teachers: Join us for a full-day workshop on March 4, 2023 in Dallas, TX! In this hands-on workshop, we will share details about the 2023 Genes in Space competition and you will develop the skills you need to bring the cutting edge of biology and space exploration into your classroom. We will provide training in the use of the same molecular biology tools that are used to carry out Genes in Space experiments aboard the ISS, and introduce ways you can implement these tools with your students.
When: Saturday, March 4, 2023 from 9am-2pm
Where: Winn Science Center, St. Mark's School of Texas, 10600 Preston Rd., Dallas, TX
Cost: Free! Lunch will be provided
- 9:00-9:45: Introduction to Genes in Space
- 9:45-10:00: Introduce lab activity (miniPCR bio Food Safety Lab)
- 10:00-10:30: Food Safety Lab PCR
- 10:30-11:30: Workshop student Genes in Space proposals
- 11:30-12:00: Lunch
- 12:00-1:45: Complete Food Safety Lab (restriction digest and gel electrophoresis)
- 1:45-2:00: Wrapup
Registration is limited. You can reserve your place in the workshop by completing this registration form. Please email event host John Mead at EvolutionExplorer@gmail.com with any questions.