Announcing spring 2023 virtual workshops for teachers
Teachers: Join the Genes in Space team for a virtual, hands-on professional development workshop this spring! Participants will learn about the 2023 Genes in Space contest, and will have a chance to take part in a guided, hands-on lab activity. All participants will receive a kit containing the equipment and reagents they need to participate in the demo. The kit will be theirs to keep.
Choose from these options:
- In Bandit™-focused workshops, participants will carry out miniPCR bio's space biology-themed Microbe Hunters Learning Lab™. Participants will use the Bandit STEM Electrophoresis Kit to build a working gel electrophoresis system that they will use to carry out the lab.
- In BioBits®-focused workshops, participants will carry out the BioBits Central Dogma Lab and learn how BioBits technology is being used aboard the International Space Station.
Space in the workshops is limited, so act now if you are interested in attending! For more information and details on how to register, see below.
*Note: This opportunity is only open to middle and high school teachers in the United States.*
Cost: $25 per session
Location: Virtual (sessions will be held in Zoom)
- Saturday, February 4th, 12-2pm ET [FULL]
- Thursday, March 9th, 6-8pm ET [FULL]
- Saturday, April 1st, 2-4pm ET (Focus: Microbe Hunters Lab and Bandit Electrophoresis)
To register: Email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your role, institution, and the date of the workshop you are interested in attending. If space is available, you will be sent links to complete your registration and pay your workshop fee.
Want to learn more? Preview a virtual workshop on YouTube: