Announcing fall 2022 virtual workshops for teachers
Teachers: Join the Genes in Space team for a remote, hands-on professional development workshop this fall! Participants will learn about the upcoming 2023 competition, and will have a chance to take part in a guided, hands-on lab activity. All participants will receive a kit containing the equipment and reagents they need to participate in the demo. The kit will be theirs to keep.
Choose from these options:
- In Bandit™-focused workshops, participants will carry out miniPCR bio's space biology-themed Microbe Hunters Learning Lab™. Participants will use the Bandit STEM Electrophoresis Kit to build a working gel electrophoresis system that they will use to carry out the lab.
- In BioBits®-focused workshops, participants will carry out the BioBits Central Dogma Lab and learn how BioBits technology is being used aboard the International Space Station.
Space in the workshops is limited, so act now if you are interested in attending! For more information and details on how to register, see below.
*Note: This opportunity is only open to middle and high school teachers in the United States.*
Cost: $25 per session
Location: Virtual (sessions will be held in Zoom)
- Saturday, October 1st, 12-2pm ET (Focus: Microbe Hunters Lab and Bandit Electrophoresis) [SESSION FULL]
- Saturday, October 29th, 2-4pm ET (Focus: BioBits Central Dogma Lab) [SESSION FULL]
- Tuesday, November 15th, 6-8pm ET (Focus: Microbe Hunters Lab and Bandit Electrophoresis)
To register: Email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your role, institution, and the date of the workshop you are interested in attending. If space is available, you will be sent links to complete your registration and pay your workshop fee.
Want to learn more? Preview a virtual workshop on YouTube: